- Newborn and well child exams
- Sports physicals
- Pediatric care
- Gynecological concerns
- Pap smears
- Uterine biopsies
- Breast exams
- Mammogram referrals
- Wellness exams
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Diabetic screening
- Mole/cyst removal
- Ingrown toenails
- Skin cancer removal
- Suturing of lacerations
Medical Clinic| Baylor Scott & White Health
The physicians on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Bosque Clinic are board certified in family medicine and are accepting new patients. We look forward to partnering with you and your family in your healthcare needs. See a couple of common questions below.
What falls under family medicine?
A family medicine doctor, or family practice physician, is qualified to see patients of any age, whether infants or the elderly. A few ways that a doctor that practices family medicine can help include:
- Ensuring newborns and infants receive a healthy start to life.
- For children, your doctor can help you through all the developmental milestones.
- For teens, a doctor can help form key healthy habits that can set them up for a lifetime of healthy living.
- For early adulthood, building a foundation for the future is critical. Annual checkups with preventive screenings help pave the way for a healthy future.
- After 40, regular touchpoints with a family medicine provider can help identify early warning signs of medical conditions.
- Past retirement, the preventive care steps will continue, but vision checks, hearing ability, vaccinations and additional screening will be useful.
What else does a family medicine physician do?
Beyond providing the services listed above, a family medicine physician:
- Is a doctor who knows you, which means that you won’t have to re-explain your medical history or pre-existing conditions to a new physician.
- Will help you stay on top of your health, whether by tracking your health maintenance or following up with a specialist while staying aware of your overall health.
- Can provide education, act as your advocate, suggest care delivery options and help you stay in-network.
Find us on the web here
Citysearch | Merchant Circle | Local.com | Credibility Review | AmericanTowns | DexKnows | Hotfrog | ChamberofCommerce.com | Brownbook | eLocal.com