Notice of Medicaid renewal
This notice is being provided as a courtesy to inform you of a recent change to the Medicaid program that could impact your healthcare coverage.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, federal legislation was passed to ensure eligible individuals had continuous Medicaid coverage, which has expired.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has contacted eligible families and individuals to start the renewal process.
If you have not yet renewed your coverage, please take the following actions
- Update your household and contact information with HHSC (e.g., new address, new baby, job changes, etc.) as soon as possible. Visit YourTexasBenefits.com or call 2-1-1 and select the option
- Additionally, your Medicaid Managed Care Organization may be able to assist you.
- Look for the renewal notices mailed in yellow envelopes that say “Action Required” in red or sent electronically.
- Complete and return renewal packets before the deadline provided.
Enrollment assistance or questions
Baylor Scott & White offers free one-on-one consultations through our partners—Elevate and Eligibility Consultants, Inc. (EIC)—to make finding and applying for Medicaid faster and easier. For questions or assistance, contact one of our eligibility partners in your region:
- Elevate: Temple/Killeen/Waco, Austin/Round Rock, The Brazos Valley, and Hill Country. Call 1.844.548.5591
- Eligibility Consultants, Inc. (ECI): Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Call 1.800.452.6343
If you are not eligible to continue your Medicaid coverage, you may be able to get health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. To learn more, go to HealthCare.gov or call 1.800.318.2596 (toll-free).
We truly value the health and well-being of your family and want to ensure you remain covered for all services available to you.