Finding the Right Care at the Right Time
Home care is a service that provides treatment within the comfort of your own home. The main focus of the home health team is to increase your independence and improve quality of life.
Home care should be considered if you or a loved one are homebound with an immediate or acute need for care.
Who Qualifies for Home Care Services?
Our mission is to provide quality, personalized health care to individuals, while promoting independence in the comfort of their own home. Typically, you or your loved one must meet the following criteria to receive home care services.
- Be homebound
- Have acute medical need
- Require skilled nursing or therapy
- Be supervised by a primary care physician or specialist
Conditions Treated with Home Care
Home care may be recommended by your physician for conditions including:
- Total hip or knee replacement recovery
- Pain management
- Difficulty with everyday life activities such as eating, grooming, bathing, dressing, transferring, walking, swallowing or wheelchair mobility
- Conditions requiring medication management
- Gastrostomy/nasogastric feeding/Peg tube care
- IV therapy
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests in the home
- Foley catheter care and training
- Wound care
Home Care Services
Some of the home health care services provided by Baylor Scott & White include:
- Skilled nursing
- Therapy services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Home health aide
- Medical social worker
On August 1, 2017, Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Home Health formed a joint venture –
Texas Home Health Group – to deliver home health services to 57 counties from 8 locations: Brenham, College Station, Huntsville, Marble Falls, McKinney, Taylor, Temple and Waco.
Baylor Scott & White Health and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation formed a joint venture to provide medical care services in the comfort of your own home. Whether you or your loved one needs rehabilitation from a stroke, an orthopedic, spinal cord or traumatic brain injury, our certified physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are here to help.
Learn more about our home care services.