Many underlying conditions can prevent proper healing of a wound, and may actually contribute to aggressive, painful wounds and sores on the body. Here are five questions you should ask yourself if you think you may need help from a Wound Care Center.
1. Do you currently have an open wound or sore on any part of the body?
2. Have you had an open wound or sore for more than four weeks?
3. Is the wound, or area around the wound discolored, producing odor, or excessive drainage?
4. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes or peripheral vascular disease?
5. Have you ever considered yourself “slow to heal”?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, contact us at 1.844.279.3627
for a referral to a wound care specialist.