An expert heart transplant team ready to care for you
Baylor University Medical Center is an internationally renowned destination for heart transplant care. Through the Center for Advanced Heart and Lung Disease, patients have convenient access to care for complex or chronic heart conditions, including management of advanced heart failure, heart transplantation, mechanical device support and extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), education on medication, lifestyle adjustments and nutrition, and support programs. Cardiac rehabilitation is also available on our campus with Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Hospital. Our team of cardiac specialists aggressively pursues ways to save lives of heart transplant patients from the time they are listed to transplanted.
Watch video on how we’re changing heart transplant patient lives
Why Choose Baylor Dallas
- We have performed 1,000 heart transplants and 500 left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantations since the program started in 1986, making us one of the largest by volume.
- We are part of the Baylor Annette C. and Harold C. Simmons Transplant Institute, which is one of the largest multi-specialty transplant centers in the country.
- Baylor University Medical Center is recognized consistently among the nation’s top ten percent as “High Performing” in Heart Failure by U.S. News & World Report.
- Team of professionals dedicated to the treatment of advanced heart failure, including transplant cardiologists and transplant surgeons on the medical staff, certified heart failure nurses, transplant coordinators, dietitians, social workers and more.
- Aggressive approach to recipient and donor selection which allows us to provide life-saving care for more people.
- Baylor Dallas was the first hospital in North Texas to use an artificial heart as a "bridge to transplant."
- Housing for out-of-town patients and their families pre- and post- transplant.
Innovative Clinical Trails
As a major academic medical center with a multidisciplinary team of researchers and specialists in heart care, Baylor University Medical Center is able to offer patients access to clinical trials offering potential new treatment options. One such trial is an FDA-approved early feasibility study for the world’s most advanced total artificial heart device. Baylor University Medical Center is one of seven sites for this innovative clinical trial.
There have been no major changes in the field of total artificial heart in more than 30 years, so we are very excited to be able to offer access to participation in a clinical trial for this innovative pump to our patients who qualify.
View a list of all clinical trails offered