Love Delivered Daily
When you're having a baby, you want everything to be just perfect. And nobody understands that better than we do. At Baylor University Medical Center, we talked with hundreds of moms and dads to find out what they wanted from their birth experience. The result: advanced obstetrical services combined with the warm, relaxing atmosphere of home.
Amenities That Matter
The new and improved Women and Children’s Center features all private rooms with hardwood floors, and a daybed for dad. Designed to create a calming, relaxing environment—and thoughtful technological touches like flat-screen TVs with DVD and a work area with wireless Internet.
Baylor Dallas was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the nation's top 50 gynecology programs. In addition, Dallas Child magazine readers voted us Best Place to Have a Baby. The Baylor University Medical Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a Level III unit – the highest level of care available.
The Baylor University Medical Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a Level III unit – the highest level of care available. This provides advanced life-support services and technologies for premature and seriously ill newborns.
Staffed by specialized nurses, neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatologists and many other skilled staff, the unit is designed to promote optimal developmental care for sick infants.
Family-centered care is our priority in the NICU. For your convenience and comfort, we offer:
- Flexible visiting hours for parents and friends
- 24/7 online access to view your baby through our web camera system
- Kangaroo care, or skin-to-skin contact
- Lactation consultants
- Family care coordinators
- Sleeper chairs and showers
- Comprehensive discharge planning and coordination
In addition to our advanced equipment to treat newborns, we have specialized educational pamphlets and dedicated staff to help you understand your baby's unique health needs.
Before taking your baby home, we invite you to spend a night with your baby in a special room on our unit. There, you will care for your baby and be able to call on our staff if you need them.
Best Place to Have a Baby
Our commitment to customer service is just one reason new parents choose Baylor Dallas for their childbirth experience. Here are some other reasons:
- The reassurance of a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - the highest level of care
- A full spectrum of fetal care services to diagnose and treat fetal abnormalities
- Nurses that are nationally certified in their area of specialty
- Private rooms with hardwood floors and a daybed for tired partners
- Support of lactation consultants on staff
- Hotel like amenities like high-speed, wireless internet, flat-screen TVs and towel warmers
- Support before and after delivery with our
childbirth classes and
Mommy & Me class
- Social resources like the
Baylor Scott & White Babies group on Facebook so new parents can share like experiences
- Not to mention the hospital's most advanced medical technology and skilled nurses and physicians on our medical staff.
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Top 43 hospital for gynecological care
- Awarded the
Texas Ten Step Award for a Mother Friendly Environment