Love Delivered Daily
When you're having a baby, you want everything to be just perfect. At Baylor University Medical Center, moms and dads can expect advanced obstetrical services combined with the warm, relaxing atmosphere of home and concierge offerings that create a birth experience you’ll treasure forever.
Through labor and delivery to postpartum recovery, we care for the comforts of moms and their families.
Delivering Your Bundle of Joy
You will labor, deliver and recover in a Labor and Delivery suite. Our spacious suites are equipped with advanced technology and allow your new family to remain together during the entire birthing process, creating a comfortable environment for a cherished experience. If your physician needs to deliver your baby by Cesarean birth (abdominal incision), the procedure will take place in an obstetrical operating suite within the labor and delivery area.
In Labor & Delivery, a positive clinical experience that is centered on quality and safety is our top priority. During your laboring hours, you may also take advantage of nitrous oxide, wireless fetal monitoring, midwives on our medical staff, or doula support.
Your First Days Together
The first few days after the birth of your baby are important. After nine months of carrying your child, you finally have the opportunity to cuddle and really get acquainted.
Our New Family Center is designed to create a calming environment and features all private rooms with hardwood floors and a daybed for your support person. Hotel-style amenities such as in-room refrigerators, towel warmers and hair dryers are also provided in every postpartum room.
Babies remain with their mothers in this family-centered unit, receiving their nursing care together. This promotes education and confidence building for new mothers, as well as communication between the nurse and mother.
Amenities For Cherished Memories
We know each birth experience is unique and special. To ensure your comfort and help make memories to last a lifetime, we also offer the following concierge services and amenities to patients and families:
- Snacks upon arrival in postpartum. We know patients haven’t eaten during labor and are often very hungry!
- Aromatherapy during delivery to help calm your senses and welcome your baby into a stress-free environment.
Advanced Care in Neonatal Intensive Care
Baylor University Medical Center’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a Level III unit. This provides advanced life-support services and technologies for premature and seriously ill newborns.
Staffed by specialized nurses, neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatologists and many other skilled staff, the unit is designed to promote optimal developmental care for sick infants.
Family-centered care is our priority in the NICU. For your convenience and comfort, we offer:
- Flexible visiting hours for parents and friends
- 24/7 online access to view your baby through our web camera system
- Kangaroo care, or skin-to-skin contact
- Lactation consultants
- Family care coordinators
- Sleeper chairs and showers
- Comprehensive discharge planning and coordination
In addition to our advanced equipment to treat newborns, we have specialized educational pamphlets and dedicated staff to help you understand your baby's unique health needs.
Before taking your baby home, we invite you to spend a night with your baby in a special room in our unit. There, you will care for your baby and be able to call on our staff if you need them.
Best Place to Have a Baby
Our commitment to customer service is just one reason new parents choose Baylor University Medical Center for their childbirth experience. Here are some other reasons:
- The reassurance of a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A full spectrum of fetal care services to diagnose and treat fetal abnormalities
- Nurses that are nationally certified in their area of specialty
- Private rooms with hardwood floors and a daybed for tired partners
- Support of lactation consultants on staff
- Hotel-style amenities and concierge services
- Support before and after delivery with our
childbirth classes and
Mommy & Me class
- Social resources like the
Baylor Scott & White Babies group on Facebook so new parents can share like experiences
- Not to mention the hospital's most advanced medical technology and skilled nurses and physicians on our medical staff.
We are dedicated to safety for mom and baby:
Simply Mom's is a clinical women's and children's boutique in Dallas designed to provide new mothers convenient access to breastfeeding supplies, infant designer clothing and gifts. Staffed only by lactation consultants, new parents can ask questions of staff while shopping.
Simply Mom's mother and baby boutique provide convenient access to:
- Designer clothing
- Diaper bags
- Preemie clothing and specialty items
- Unique gifts for mother and baby
- Breast pump rental and sales
- Nursing bras, clothes and accessories
- Private consultations with a Certified Lactation Consultant