Be Prepared for Wherever Life Takes You. We Are.
The Baylor Women's Center
At Baylor Scott & White – Garland, we understand that a woman has unique needs through every stage of life. That's why we recently updated our Women's Center to feature medically advanced facilities that provide gynecological services.
Additionally we offer digital mammography screening and diagnostics through our Women's Imaging Center, and osteoporosis detection through bone densitometry testing. It's high-tech care managed by a compassionate staff – close to home. And best of all, it's Baylor.
Our campus does not offer labor and delivery services. Find a location that offers labor and delivery services.
Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
Baylor Scott & White – Garland is proud to introduce the da Vinci® Si™ robotic surgery system which offer several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency during certain gynecological surgical procedures such as hysterectomy and myomectomy, many of which benefit women.
daVinci Si robotic surgery
da Vinci® Si™ robotic surgery system has Enhanced 3-D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification:
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision greater than the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
It can be used for a multitude of procedures, including, but not limited to: prostatectomy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, coronary artery bypass, mitral valve repair and colorectal surgery.
Together, these technological advancements provide the surgeons on our medical staff with better precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures.
Women's Imaging Center
Women's Imaging Center offers screening and diagnostic digital mammography services, along with additional testing including ultrasound. Bone densitometry testing to detect osteoporosis is also available.
The breast imaging centers at Baylor Scott & White – Garland offers caring staff and advanced technology such as digital mammography which benefits include:
- Digital mammograms, which are significantly better for women under 50 and those with denser breast tissue
- Image contrast and magnification can be altered for easier analysis possibly reducing the need for repeat exams
- Uses less radiation than film screen mammography
- Shortened exam time – no film process
- 2-D and 3-D mammography
Having a yearly mammogram is a great idea for good health. Schedule your appointment at Women's Imaging Center at Garland today by calling 972.487.5293.