Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe offers HD endoscope technology. Some of the benefits of HD endoscope technology include:
- Enhance the physician's ability to detect diseases of the digestive tract in their earliest stages
- Minimize procedure times for our patients
Compared to conventional systems, high-definition endoscopy, combined with Narrow Band Imaging, provides the physicians with sharper images and better contrast, which in turn may help them better detect lesions during examinations when using the wide-angle colonoscope.
This technology aids in the diagnosis of diseases and disorders of the entire digestive tract, including the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, small bowel, colon, gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas.
A wide range of services and therapies are offered in our endoscopy suites, including:
- Bravo pH Monitoring System
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Polypectomy - removal of polyps in colon or stomach
- Esophageal dilation
- Lithotripsy - balloon retrieval of common bile duct stones
- Biliary stenting
- Banding or sclerotherapy of esophageal varices
- Peg - percutaneous endoscopic gastrotomy
- Foreign body removal
- Thermocoagulation plus hypertonic injection of bleeding ulcer
Our team approach for all endoscopic procedures ensures a safe and friendly environment for your regular screenings.