Expert thoracic aortic aneurysm and disease treatment
The Thoracic Aortic Disease Center is one of the few of its kind in the state. Under the medical direction of a leading thoracic surgeon, the center offers referring physicians and their patients valuable expertise in the area of thoracic aortic diagnosis and treatment.
The Thoracic Aortic Disease Center works in conjunction with Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano to provide surgical intervention for aortic cases.
Until recently, thoracic aortic disease was diagnosed only after an emergency occurred, with limited treatment options. Using advanced technology and innovative imaging techniques, the disease can now be detected earlier in the disease process, allowing for:
- Application of medical management therapies prior to considering surgical intervention
- Reduction of number of patients requiring surgery
- Expansion of options for surgical candidates
- Reduction of acute events and complications
- Improvement of both the quality of care and long-term results
- Utilization in advanced techniques beneficial for patient safety and improved outcomes
Explore Baylor Scott & White The Heart HospitalDiscover the resources that set us apart from other heart hospitals. Here’s what choosing us can do for you and your loved ones.
The Heart Hospital Home
Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano offers expert heart care conveniently located in Plano, Denton and McKinney.
Learn why over 80,000 patients choose Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital – Plano each year.
Find quality cardiovascular care at a heart hospital location near you. Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital has three convenient facilities.
Treatment and procedures
We perform the largest volume of open-heart procedures with the lowest risk of mortality in North Texas. Find other advanced heart treatments here.