At Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Waxahachie we know that families and caregivers play a vital role in the support and care of our patients. Access to Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie is available 24 hours a day.
We ask that children under 12 be accompanied by an adult at all times, and that all visitors are respectful of all of our other patients.
We know you have questions as you prepare for your visit to our facilities, so we compiled some of our most frequently asked questions.
Where will I sleep while I'm staying with a patient at Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie?
Each patient room is equipped with a chair that makes into a bed. The nursing staff will be happy to assist you in making the bed and providing linens for the pull out bed.
What are the general guidelines for visiting patients?
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit.
- Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie is a smoke-free campus and therefore smoking is not permitted in patient rooms or anywhere on our campus.
- People with colds, sore throats, or flu like symptoms should not visit.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors seeing a patient in our intensive care unit (ICU) may be asked to limit their visiting time and visit in small groups.
May I bring food, flowers and gifts to the patient?
Many of our patients are on a restricted diet or susceptible to infection while they are in our care. Because of this, it is very important that you ask the nurse if it is appropriate to bring food and drink, gifts and flowers to the patient.
Do you have a gift shop?
Yes, Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie has a gift shop located on the first floor of the hospital. The gift shop is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Saturday, and offers a variety of items including jewelry, flowers, greeting cards, candy and toiletries. Credit cards, local checks and cash are accepted.
Where can I get something to eat?
The Café at Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie is located on the first floor of the hospital. The new cafe offers a wider variety of items including a grill station, salad bar and hot entree specials including a daily healthy entree option. We also offer an outdoor seating option for guests and nearby parking.
- Weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Weekends 7 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Vending machines are located on the first floor near the ICU family room
Do you have a chapel or could I visit with a chaplain?
- Yes, it is located on the first floor of the hospital near the cafeteria.
- Open 24 hours a day for prayer and quiet reflection.
- To speak to a chaplain, please contact your nurse or dial 469.843.4052.
Are there hotels near the hospital?
Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie has preferred rates with these
local hotels. Just mention the Baylor Scott & White – Waxahachie rate when making a reservation.