Overnight stay tips
- Don’t bring any valuables, including jewelry and watches
- Don’t wear any make-up or contact lenses
- Bring a list containing the dosage of any prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications, vitamins or herbal supplements you are taking, as well as the actual medicine bottles
- If you are being admitted to the hospital after surgery, bring prescription medications in original pharmacy containers.
Your room at Centennial
At Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Centennial, we base room assignment on the admitting diagnosis and bed availability on admission day. If your health changes during your stay, you may move rooms.
Our hospital beds are designed to aid in patients’ treatment and provide comfort. The hospital bed is likely higher and narrower than your personal bed, but someone will show you how to adjust your hospital bed using the controls. The beds have rails for your protection that can raise and lower depending on it you’re resting, recovering from surgery or taking certain medications.
Ordering room service during your stay
Our wholesome, nourishing and well-balanced meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery. Baylor Scott & White – Centennial makes every effort to provide nutritious meals prepared according to your doctor's orders. An executive chef trained in the dietary needs of patients strives to prepare foods that are pleasing to the eyes and the taste buds. Occasionally, your meal may be delayed if you are scheduled for a special test or treatment. Whenever possible, we will serve your meals after your examination or test.
While having a guest stay overnight with a patient is discouraged, sometimes patients find it necessary for their treatment or recovery. There are two situations in which a relative or guest may be encouraged to stay overnight:
- For the patient’s safety when they require additional attention
- We provide lounge chairs, as available in private rooms only, for pediatric patients
Call us at 469.764.8000 if you have questions about overnight stays or patient visitation.