Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is a full-service, fully-accredited not-for-profit hospital serving residents in McKinney and the surrounding communities. Baylor Scott & White – McKinney is focused on being the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate healthcare. The 192-bed hospital offers advanced medical services for women’s services, neonatal intensive care, orthopedics, heart and vascular, neurosciences, stroke, diagnostic imaging, intensive and emergency care.
The foundation of our hospital remains providing quality, compassionate care to our patients and families. We want everyone who crosses our doorstep to feel welcomed, valued, and cared for at the very highest level.
More about us
Enhanced visitor precautions
Learn more about our COVID-19 safety precautions.
Free parking is available in front of the hospital.
Complimentary valet parking is also available during business hours.
The Baylor Scott & White Pharmacy #105 is conveniently located on the 1st floor of Medical Office Building (MOB) I.
- Allergy and immunology
- Back and neck care
- Cancer care
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery
- Critical and intensive care
- Diabetes care
- Digestive diseases
- Ear, nose and throat
- Emergency care
- Eye care
- Foot care
- Heart and vascular care
- Imaging and radiology
- Infectious diseases
- Inpatient medicine and hospitalists
- Labor and delivery
- Mammogram and breast imaging
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Occupational and environmental medicine
- Pain management
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Sleep disorders
- Sports medicine
- Supportive palliative care
- Surgical services
- Wellness and fitness
- Women's health
- Wound care
Our allergists and immunology specialists help identify your allergy triggers and manage through a variety of treatment options to address your symptoms to common allergies, including:
- Allergic reactions to insect stings
- Chronic cough
- Drug allergies
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Food allergies
- Hives (urticaria)
- Recurring infections
Back pain impacts many people, and when the pain persists, Baylor Scott & White Back and Neck Center can offer longer-lasting solutions. A nurse will meet with you on video and join you on your journey to moving better, from conservative treatment to helping you select an orthopedic or neuro spine specialist who meets your specific needs. When you’re ready, call us at 469.814.2225 or email us at BSWHBackandNeckCenter@BSWHealth.org
We provide both surgical and non-surgical treatment for conditions that include, but are not limited to:
- Arthritis of the spine (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid)
- Bone spurs and overgrowths
- Degenerative disc disease (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Herniated discs (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Myofascial pain (inflammation of muscles and ligaments)
- Osteoporosis of the spine
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis)
- Spinal injuries
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of spinal canal)
- Spine trauma or fractures
- Spine tumors
Our goal is to give you and your family the physical, emotional and spiritual support you need during your cancer journey.
To help care for you, we provide:
- Treatment for all types of cancer
- Education and support programs
- Research and clinical trials
- Screening and prevention
- Genetic counseling
- Support services including nutrition, pastoral care and social work
Our cosmetic and plastic surgeons provide nonsurgical and surgical procedures to reshape normal structures of the body to improve appearance (reconstruction improves function) based on your unique needs and circumstances, including:
- Body contouring surgery
- Breast augmentation (including breast implants)
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Buttock augmentation
- Ear setback surgery (otoplasty)
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Fat removal (liposuction)
- Laser procedures (e.g. for removal of age spots, tattoos, unwanted hair)
- Nose services (rhinoplasty)
- Reconstructive procedures on parts of body caused by congenital defects, development abnormalities, trauma, tumors, or disease / infection
- Skin pigmentation treatment
- Spider vein treatment
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Our critical and intensive care specialists treat a wide variety of life-threatening injuries, illnesses and heart issues through surgical treatments and interventions, medication and life support in specialized care units in our hospitals, including:
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU)
Our dermatologists diagnose, manage, and treat skin, hair, and nail diseases and disorders, including:
- Actinic keratosis
- Skin cancer
- Skin infections
Our comprehensive approach to diabetes care is committed to ongoing research, advanced treatment and development of management programs, specialized centers and collaborative care teams of specialists who provide services, including:
- Cardiology and pulmonology for heart and lung care
- Neuroscience for care of the nervous system
- Nephrology for kidney care
- Ophthalmology to prevent vision loss
- Orthopedics, physical medicine, and rehabilitation
Our gastroenterologists and digestive disease specialists can help you, providing a full spectrum of care for patients with concerns involving the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, rectum, gallbladder, pancreas, and liver.
Example services and procedures we offer include:
- Abdominal and endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Fecal transplant
- Evaluation of liver transplant candidates
- Percutaneous liver biopsy
- Placement of external feeding tubes (gastrostomy)
- Treatment of pancreatic diseases
Common digestive diseases we treat include:
- Acid reflux
- Crohn's disease
- Colon polyps
- Liver diseases
- C. diff
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Swallowing disorders
Our otolaryngologists or ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialists diagnose, manage, and treat a variety of conditions affecting parts and soft tissues of the head and neck, including:
- Acute and chronic infections of the external middle and inner ear
- Balancing disorders
- Benign and malignant tumors of the temporal bone ear canal and auricle
- Nasal polyps
- Nasal septum issues
- Sleep apnea
- Stenosis of the ear canal
- Tumors of the temporal bone and base of the skull
You never know when an emergency will arise. But when it does, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is here to provide urgent medical care—24 hours a day, seven days a week.
From minor injuries to stroke, heart attack and other life-threatening conditions, the emergency medicine specialists on our medical staff have the tools and technology you need to heal.
To provide our community with even more comprehensive emergency services, we have enhanced our capabilities and increased the size of our facilities. We have also received Chest Pain Center Accreditation, which recognizes our advanced expertise in treating patients experiencing heart attack, and have been designated as an Advanced Level II Trauma Facility capable of caring for serious injuries by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Learn more about emergency care
Our endocrinologists provide consultation, diagnosis, and management of endocrine and metabolic diseases. Endocrine disorders involve the body's over or underproduction of certain hormones, while metabolic disorders affect the body's ability to process certain nutrients and vitamins.
Conditions we treat include, but not limited to:
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- Ovarian disorder, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Parathyroid gland disorders
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
- Thyroid gland disorders
Some procedures and tests we offer include:
- Bone density testing
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump therapy
- Thyroid fine needle biopsies and ultrasound
Our ophthalmologists and optometrists diagnose, manage, and innovatively treat routine and specialty eye conditions and diseases, including:
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Corneal diseases
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Refractive errors (astigmatisms, farsightedness, and nearsightedness)
- Retinal diseases
Our podiatrists and foot care specialists diagnose, evaluate and innovatively treat a wide range of conditions that affect the foot, toes, and toenails, including:
- Ankle sprains
- Athlete's foot
- Flat feet
- Heel pain
- Ingrown nails
- Tendon injuries and ruptures
Our team of cardiologists, surgeons, interventional radiologists on the medical staff and healthcare professionals works together to provide you quality care for a range of heart and vascular conditions.
We offer a comprehensive program that includes heart disease prevention, advanced diagnosis and treatment options and continued care and support for patients living with heart and vascular conditions.
Our services include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Heart failure
- Vascular care
Our hematologists specialize in the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of blood disease and disorders, including:
- Benign monoclonal gammopathy
- Clotting problems
- Lymphohistiocytic disorders
- Sickle cell disease
- von Willebrand disease
Advanced imaging technology provides clearer pictures for radiologists and other specialty physicians on the medical staff to provide a more accurate diagnosis that leads to a customized treatment plan, if needed, to start the healing process.
Services may* include:
- Bone density measurement
- Breast imaging
- CT scan (including low-dose lung cancer CT screening)
- Interventional radiology
- Nuclear medicine (Nuclear PET scan, radiofrequency ablation, I-131 therapy for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer)
- Virtual colonoscopy
- X-ray and fluoroscopy
* Please call this location for particular outpatient services. Typically, your doctor’s office will refer you to us if we have the imaging service you need.Read more about our imaging and radiology services
Our infectious disease specialists diagnose, manage, study, and innovatively treat diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi, including:
- Bone and joint infections
- Central nervous system infections
- Common cold
- Endocarditis and endovascular infections
- Fever of unknown origin (FUO)
- Fungal infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
- HIV/AIDS and associated opportunistic infections
- Infections in immunocompromised patients (transplant, cancer chemotherapy, etc.)
- Lyme disease
- Mycobacterial infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- West Nile virus
- Whooping cough
Our hospitalists or inpatient medicine physicians provide care during your full stay at the hospital starting upon your hospital admission and coordinate with your primary care physician and helps with your discharge.Learn more about inpatient medicine
Our compassionate healthcare team provides medical and surgical support to patients who are in the process of expanding their family through the miracle of childbirth.Learn more about labor and delivery
Our imaging centers use advanced technology to assist physicians on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White in providing quality care.
- 3D breast ultrasound
- 3D mammography (available at select locations)
- Breast cancer risk assessment
- Breast ultrasound
- Cyst aspiration
- Full-field digital mammography
- Image-guided breast biopsy
- Lesion localization
- Mammography (screening and diagnostic)
- Needle localization
- Positron emission mammography (PEM) (available at select locations)
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
Our nephrologists and kidney care specialists diagnose, manage, and innovatively treat a variety of conditions affecting the kidneys, including:
- Abnormal urinalysis
- Acute kidney injury
- Diabetic renal disease
- Electrolyte disorders
- Interstitial nephritis
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney failure
- Kidney infections
- Kidney stones
- Obstructive/reflux nephropathy
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Renal artery stenosis
- Severe or difficult to control hypertension
The neurologists, neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons at Baylor Scott & White Health diagnose and treat virtually every kind of neurological disorder and injury. From brain tumors, strokes and aneurysms to head trauma and spinal cord injuries, these experienced physicians on the medical staff have the expertise and technology to improve a patient's quality of life.
Our specialty services include:
- Stroke care
- Spine care
Our occupational and environmental medicine specialists reduce work-related disability through accident prevention and to help injured employees return to full work capacity through services, including:
- Drug and alcohol screening
- Employee physicals
- Pulmonary function testing
- Surveillance physicals
- Travel immunizations
- X-ray and injury treatment
Baylor Scott & White is your single resource for musculoskeletal disease, joint pain, traumatic and sports-related injuries and other orthopedic conditions.
To help care for you, we provide:
- Foot and ankle care
- Hand, elbow, wrist treatment, including surgery
- Hip preservation
- Joint care and replacement
- Neck and back services, including surgery
- General orthopedic surgery
- Shoulder services
Our pain management specialists provide many options for comprehensive and advanced therapy and treatments focused on managing sensory and emotional impacts and restoring function brought on by different types and degrees of pain, including:
- Chronic lower back pain
- Chronic pain
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Nonspecific back pain
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Sciatic nerve pain
Our pediatricians tailor care, services, and treatments to children of all ages ranging from newborns to teens to meet the healthcare needs of your entire family, including:
- General pediatric care
- Infant and childhood care classes and support
- School physicals
- Well child exams
Our pulmonologists and lung care specialists study, diagnose, and innovatively treat with advanced technology and rehabilitation offerings acute and chronic respiratory and pulmonary disorders of the lungs, airways and chest, including:
- Acute and chronic pulmonary embolism
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Fungal infections of the lung
- Granulomatous lung diseases
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung transplantation
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Tuberculous and nontuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease
Our team of physicians and therapists are dedicated to helping patients find the best way back through nonsurgical therapies from all types of injuries, illness, and acute and chronic conditions, including but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Neurologic disorders and injuries
- Pediatric neurological and developmental disorders
- Post-operative care
- Sports injuries
Our rheumatologists study, diagnose, and innovatively treat arthritis and other joint, muscle and bone diseases, including:
- Arthralgias and myalgias
- Connective tissue disorders
- Polymyalgia rheumatic
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis (including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- Scleroderma/CREST syndrome
- Sjogren's syndrome
Millions of Americans are affected by sleep disorders that can profoundly affect both physical and emotional health. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney Sleep Lab offers comprehensive care for a broad range of sleep disorders and other related conditions. Board Certified physicians on our medical staff specializing in sleep disorders, registered sleep technologists, and registered respiratory therapists are dedicated to alleviating your symptoms. Whether you have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep or feel sleepy all day, wake up to a world of better sleep. Our experienced staff is here to help.
The Baylor Scott & White – McKinney Sleep Lab provides confidential diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of sleep disorders including:
- Circadian-rhythm disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Periodic limb movement
- Restless legs syndrome
Our sports medicine surgeons and specialists provide comprehensive orthopedic care to treat and repair all sports-related injuries or those resulting from everyday life, including:
- Acromioclavicular (AC) joint/shoulder separation
- Ankle instability
- Ankle sprains
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears, injuries, or surgery
- Achilles tendinitis or ruptures
- Biceps tendon ruptures
- Broken ankle
- Dislocated shoulder
- Hip dislocations
- Knee sprains
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) tears, injuries, or surgery
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- Meniscus tear
- Stress fractures
- Trigger finger
Our supportive and interdisciplinary palliative care team are trained to help you as you deal with a critical illness or diagnosis and providing complementary supportive services, including:
- Advance directives
- Bereavement support
- Child life program
- End-of-life planning assistance
- Individual and family counseling
- Music therapy
- Nutrition and speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Pain management
- Social work services
- Spiritual care
Our surgeons offer pioneering innovations and advanced surgical offerings and services backed by research-based enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) to support patient outcomes, including:
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Dentistry/oral and maxillofacial surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Podiatric medicine and surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Surgical oncology
- Transplant surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Weight-loss surgery
Our urologists diagnose, provide essential cancer screenings, and treat conditions and concerns related to the urinary tract and male reproductive organs, including but not limited to:
- Bladder disorders and cancer
- Inability to control urination
- Kidney disorders (including kidney stones)
- Urethral disorders
Related to male reproductive organs:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Penile disorders and cancer
- Prostate disorders and cancer
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Undescended testicles (cryptorchidism)
Whether you're a seasoned athlete, just starting a fitness program, or recovering from and injury or illness, we have the equipment, facilities, classes, and programs to help you succeed. We are focused on your wellness.Learn more about wellness and fitness care
From screening for common conditions that affect women to advanced medical and surgical care, the healthcare providers at Baylor Scott & White provide the comprehensive services you need as a woman.
- Breast surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Hormone replacement therapy
Our multidisciplinary teams who specialist in wound care, hyperbarics, and /or enterostomal therapy work to create a custom and comprehensive treatment plan to a variety of wounds, including:
- Abdominal stomas
- Arterial wounds
- Atypical wounds
- Diabetic lower extremity wounds
- Diabetic ulcers
- Minor burns
- New or non-healing surgical wounds
- Non-healing wounds of any kind
- Pressure ulcers (bed sores)
- Radiation wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Venous wounds
Baylor Scott & White has established agreements with several types of insurances in an effort to make sure your health needs are covered.
Aetna - (14)Aetna Signature AdministratorsChoice POS IIElect ChoiceHealth Network OptionHMOManaged ChoiceOpen Access Elect ChoiceOpen Access Managed ChoiceOpen Access SelectOpen Choice PPOQPOSSelect SMMedicare Advantage PlansAetna Whole Health/BSWQA
Baylor Scott & White Health Plan - (16)HMO Network-GroupHMO Network-Individual/FamilyPPO Network-GroupEPO Network-GroupEPO Network-Individual/FamilyPPO Choice NetworkPPO Choice Preferred NetworkCigna PPO Network - Out of Area Member PlanPHCS/OPTUM - PPO Network - Out-of-Area Member PlanMcLane Group NetworkBSW Preferred HMO Network - GroupBSW Preferred PPO NetworkBSW SeniorCare Advantage HMOBSW SeniorCare Advantage PPOBSWH Employee Network - PPO & HSABSWH Employee Network - SEQA & EQA
Blue Cross Blue Shield - (11)Blue Advantage HMOBlue Choice PPOBlue EssentialsBlue Essentials Access HMOBlue PremierBlue Premier Open Access HMOIndemnityMedicare Advantage - EFH RetireesMedicare Advantage - OncorParPlanTraditional
Cigna - (16)Cigna Choice FundEPOHMOHMO/POSLocalPlusLocalPlusINNetworkNetwork Open AccessNetwork POSOpen Access PlusPOSPOS Open AccessPPOChildren's Medical Center Employee PlanCity of Dallas Employee PlanHMO Open Access
CorVel - (1)Workers Comp
DFW ConnectedCare - (1)American Airlines Employee Benefit Plan
Healthscope - (2)DART ACODART ACO Flex
HealthSmart - (2)ACCEL NetworkPreferred Network
Humana - (5)ChoiceCareCommercial PPO PlansMedicare Advantage Plans (exclude Southwestern Health Resources Network)National POSHumana Preferred
Hunt Memorial Hospital - (1)Employee Health Plan
Imagine Health - (1)EPN
Midland Memorial Hospital - (1)Employee Benefit Plan
Parkland Community Health Plan - (2)CHIP MedicaidHealthFirst Medicaid
PHCS Network - (1)PHCS Network
Prime Health Services - (1)Workers Comp
Sedgwick Preferred Network f/k/a Southwest Medical - (1)Workers Comp
Superior Health Plan - (6)Ambetter Balance Care - SilverAmbetter Essential Care - BronzeAmbetter Secure Care - GoldMedicare/Medicaid Dual Needs Plan: Advantage HMO SNPMedicare/Medicaid PlanSTAR+PLUS
Superior HealthPlan - (1)STAR+PLUS
Texas Christian University - (1)TCU Injured Athletes
TriWest HealthCare - (1)VA-PCCC
UnitedHealth - (28)AARP Medicare CompleteCharter EPOCharter HMOCharter POSChoice +HMOChoice EPOChoice HMOChoice Plus POSCore Choice Plus POSCore EPOCore HMODual Complete Medicare AdvantageGroup Medicare AdvantageMedicare CompleteMedicare GoldMedicare SilverNavigate EPONavigate HMONavigate HMO+Navigate POSNexus ACO OANexusACO ROptions PPOPPOSelect +Select EPOSelect HMOSelect Plus POS
UnitedHealth WellMed Network - (6)AARP Medicare CompleteDual Complete Medicare AdvantageGroup Medicare AdvantageMedicare CompleteMedicare GoldMedicare Silver
University Mary Hardin-Baylor - (1)Employee Benefit Plan
We couldn’t find any results for ""
Baylor Scott & White Health is pleased to offer you multiple options to pay your bill. View our guide to understand your Baylor Scott & White billing statement.
We offer two online payment options:
- Make a one-time payment without registering by selecting the "Pay a Bill as a Guest" option.
- Enroll or login to your MyBSWHealth account to view account balances and statements, setup a payment plan or enroll in paperless statements.
Other payment options:
Pay by mail
To ensure that your payment is properly applied to your account, detach the slip from your Baylor Scott & White billing statement and return the slip with your payment. If paying by check or money order, be sure to include your account number on the check or money order.
Please mail payment to the address listed on your statement.
Pay by phone
Call 1.800.994.0371 to make a payment. Payments can be made over the phone with our automated phone payment system 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All payments made via the automated phone payment system will post the next business day.
If you need to speak to someone about a Baylor Scott & White bill from our hospitals or clinics, our Customer Service department is available to take payments over the phone from Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Pay in person
Payments can be made in person at the facility where you received services.
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we want to be a resource for you and your family. Our team of customer service representatives and financial counselors are here to help you find financial solutions that can help cover your cost of care. We encourage you to speak to a member of our team at any time before, during or after care is received.
An automatic teller machines (ATM) is available lower level by Town Square Café or on the first floor in the main lobby.
As a partner with the citizens of our community, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is committed to contributing to the health and wellness of residents in McKinney and the surrounding communities.
Throughout the year Baylor Scott & White – McKinney offers free preventive health services to the community through activities such as health screenings, health fairs, support groups and community education.
Every year, Baylor Scott & White – McKinney makes significant financial donations to McKinney area non-profit organizations that support healthcare services, educational advancement, and outreach to residents.
The hospital also supports fellow Collin County non-profit organizations by sponsoring annual fundraisers such as the United Way, American Heart Association Heart Walk, American Cancer Society Relay for Life, and March of Dimes March for Babies.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Community benefit report
Each fiscal year, Baylor Scott & White – McKinney completes a report of community benefit efforts, according to community needs identified by the FY 2013-16 Community Benefit Implementation Plan, Collin County, as well as specific focus areas identified by Baylor Scott & White Health. We invite you to read our medical center’s report on community benefit to find out more about our financial stewardship and how we fulfill community needs.View our community benefit report
Our visitor information/concierge desk are located on the first floor main lobby of the hospital. Our staff can assist you with general information, maps, notary public services and local eateries/hotel listings.
Call 469.764.1002 for assistance.
Town Square Café
The Town Square Café offers a variety of meal options and is located on the lower level of the hospital.
- Breakfast: 7:00 - 10:00 AM
- Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Chestnut Village Coffee and Gifts
Chestnut Village Coffee and Gifts is located on the main level of the hospital. Salads, sandwiches and other grab-and-go options are available. We also proudly serve Starbucks® and have various gift items available.
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Machines are located on various floors of the hospital.
- Lower Level—Town Square Café
- First Floor
- Emergency Department Guest Lounge
- Day Surgery Guest Lounge
- Second Floor—Guest Lounge
- Third Floor—Guest Lounge
- Fifth Floor—Guest Lounge
Baylor Scott & White Health is an advocate for greater healthcare pricing transparency and patient affordability. We provide a self-service price estimation tool to help you obtain accurate out-of-pocket expense estimates, along with other helpful resources to help you make more informed financial choices about your care.Estimate your cost of care
Chestnut Village Coffee and Gifts is located on the main level of the hospital. In addition to coffee and light snacks, they offer a variety of gift items.
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
You can request copies of your medical records by completing an Authorization for Release of Information form and returning to the facility at which you received care.Request your records
Our nurses are dedicated to the care of a diverse community of patients. As members of our front line care team, they take pride in seeking opportunities to provide a higher level of care.View nursing accomplishments
Day of admission
Upon arriving at Baylor Scott & White – McKinney, you and your family will meet with a representative from our admitting department on the First Floor in the Main Lobby. After hours, patient should proceed to the Emergency Department for admission.
After the admission process has been completed, you will be taken to your room. Your room will be selected based on your medical needs as indicated by your physician. We will attempt to accommodate your room preferences when possible.
Your room is designed for patient care. Any questions on how to operate your television, bed or intercom can be answered by the nursing staff. Please keep radios and televisions at a low volume, so patients in other rooms will not be disturbed.
If you brought jewelry, credit cards or money with you to the hospital, we suggest sending them home with a family member or friend. If you’d like to store your wallet or checkbook in a safe, ask the nursing staff for more information. If you need to retrieve any valuables from the safe during your stay, you may do so by asking your nurse to contact nursing administration.
We recommend that you bring a comb and brush, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste and shaving supplies with you to the hospital. For safety reasons, we must limit electrical appliances brought into your room to small grooming appliances, such as hair dryers, curling irons and electric shavers. Unless your physician specifically asks you to bring prescribed medications, please leave them at home.
Keep in mind that Baylor Scott & White – McKinney is not responsible for any valuables or personal items that you elect to keep while in the hospital. Dentures, glasses, hearing aids, contact lenses and other personal items are your responsibility. If you keep these items with you in the hospital, we recommend that you place them in the bedside table drawers when not being used.
Because our staff cares so deeply for those we help, there are those who often go beyond the call to provide great care.Nominate an employee
The Chapel is located on the main level of the hospital and is open 24 hours a day for prayer.
Chaplains are on site from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM weekdays. Chaplains are on call after hours and on weekends for urgent needs. Please dial “0” for the House Operator or speak with your nurse to request a chaplain.
Visits from relatives and friends can play an important part in your recovery; however, they can also be tiring. It is in your best interest that you get all of the rest that you can while in the hospital. If you feel uncomfortable asking people to limit their visits, you might ask a family member or friend to coordinate your visits for you. We do have some requests of our visitors:
- Try to keep visits brief and to only two people at any given time.
- Please have an adult accompany any minor children and do not leave them unattended.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit, so you don't spread germs to the patient.
- If you have a cold, flu, or other contagious disease, please wait until you are well for your visit.
- Please be respectful of other patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- If you want to bring food to a patient, please check with the nursing staff. Some diets are restricted.
- Visitors may not smoke on the Baylor Scott & White – McKinney campus.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
We rely on our generous volunteers to provide several special services. Every volunteer enhances the patient experience in some way by supporting our culture of customer service. Join the ranks of our volunteers to get involved and make a difference.Become a volunteer